- raised $3000
- Goal $50000
- Day left ENDED
According to Statistical Abstract of Delhi, Government of NCT dropout ratio in Delhi schools for general education was 5.9% for classes I-V, 22.9% for classes I-X in the year 2010-11. 11.72 million children were engaged in child labour in India.(Census 2011)
- India ranks 97 out of 156 countries in the childs rights index for the year 2017.
- 40% of India’s children are classified vulnerable by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (needs to be confirmed)
- Human rights and child rights are not formally taught in our present education system.
To create a pilot group of empowered young advocates from vulnerable communities of our neighbourhood for active engagement in local and global child rights and earth rights issues.
- To facilitate the development of 120 YASH children and make them aware their rights,social issues and current affairs around the globe.
- To have 3 active YASH Children’s Parliaments – 1 Youth Parliament, 1 Junior Children’s Parliament and 2 Children’s Parliaments..
- To supplement learning received by children in Government schools.
- To conduct regular capacity building sessions for children to empower them to address local, state, national and global issues.
- To ensure that every YASH child grows towards becoming a responsible global citizen.
- To enable children to ensure the realization of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- To enhance communication and English speaking skills and personality development of members of the YASH group
Age group– 6-18 year olds
Location– Slums/ communities in central Delhi and suburban Mumbai