- raised €303750
- Goal €500000
- Day left 548 day(s) to end
Primary school enrolment figures have shown an impressive rise, but the goal of achieving universal primary education has just been missed, with the net enrolment rate increasing from 83% in 2000 to 91% in 2015. Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) effort in the past 15 years failed to reach to millions of the most disadvantaged(Progress for Children Report, Unicef). In year 2015, when India signed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), NINEISMINE created a forum for children to speak. Children’s Parliament is an inclusive and democratic body- of the children, for the children and by the children.National Children’s Parliament is a federation of neighborhood children’s parliaments that address local, state, national and international forums towards affecting their own lives and those of their peers.
To have a robust network across India of the children’s Parliament and get it mainstreamed by government and make children influencers in decision making and policy changing.
- To create a network of 36 Children’s Parliament (in all States and Union Territories) across the country for active participation of children.
- To build capacity of all 900 children to become child advocates and influence policies at all levels.
- To strengthen and train our 30 state child coordinators so that they facilitate and can have more neighbourhood parliaments in different districts of each state of India.
- To enable 36 ministers from each state to learn and demand for their rights and interact with the policy makers and to initiate children into proactive action for their surroundings at local and National Level.
Age Group-13-17 year olds